I had such warm responses from a lot of you about my “keto confession”. I also heard from many people who are also finding vibrant health through this way of eating. Go us!
One question that did come up is, “So what do you eat?”
The simple answer is:
*healthy fats (grass fed butter, coconut, olive and avocado oils, etc.)
*beef, pork, fish, poultry, eggs
*lots of vegetables like spinach, asparagus, broccoli, brussels sprouts, mushrooms, avocados and cauliflower
*berries – strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
*dairy – heavy cream, full fat cheeses
Part of how I keep it fun and interesting is by trying out the bazillion keto recipes found all over the internet. Pinterest is an amazing tool for this.
Recently I made my own version of two of the most amazing recipes that came from separate places but are a match made in heaven.
The first uses and Instant Pot. Do you have one of these??? I was so hesitant to jump on the IP bandwagon but found a great deal on Amazon Prime day and decided to give it a shot. You guys, I use this thing at least 3 times a week now! I have the 6qt size and it has been perfect for most recipes I’ve tried.
Instant Pot Coconut Cream Yogurt
- Open cans of coconut cream, gently stir each well.
- Pour one can into each jar.
- Add two capsules of probiotic to each jar by opening up the capsules and sprinkling the probiotics onto the coconut cream. Stir well.
- Place jars, without lids, into the Instant Pot.
- Press the Yogurt function on the Instant Pot and the “+” button to increase the time to 12 hours.
- Once the timer is finished, open the lid and remove the yogurt.
- Add yogurt to a bowl. Add the gelatin. Mix well with a hand mixer or immersion blender, then pour back into the jars.
- Once yogurt has cooled, replace the lids and put jars in the refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to eat, open jars and give a good stir. Enjoy!
Keto Pumpkin Spice Granola
Pumpkin spice bandwagon? Heck yes. Sign me up!
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened, shredded dried coconut
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup whole chia seeds
- 1/2 cup whey protein powder (I like/used Isopure)
- 1/4 cup golden monkfruit sweetener
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt fine grain himalayen pink salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil , melted
- 12 drops of liquid stevia
- Preheat the oven to 300 °F.
- Combine the nuts, coconut, hemp hearts, chia seeds, protein powder, golden monkfruit, pumpkin pie spice and pink salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin, egg, coconut oil and stevia until well mixed.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and mix together using a rubber spatula.
- Spread out the granola mixture in an even layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then stir the mixture.
- Return to the oven for an additional 15 minutes or until golden brown/crispy.
- Allow to fully cool and then store in a cool/dry place (I keep mine in the fridge.) Enjoy!